Jaguar Land Rover Reports July Sales PerformanceAugust 12, 2014
- Jaguar Land Rover delivers positive July sales performance retailing 34,233 vehicles, up 8%
- Jaguar sells 6,069 vehicles in July, similar to prior year
- Land Rover sells 28,164 vehicles in July, up 11%
- Calendar year to date Jaguar Land Rover sells 274,605 vehicles, up 14%
Jaguar Land Rover, the UK's leading manufacturer of premium luxury vehicles delivered a positive sales performance in July, retailing 34,233 vehicles, up 8% versus the same period last year. During the first seven months of the year, Jaguar Land Rover has sold 274,605 vehicles, up 14%.
Retail growth continues year-on-year, with both brands seeing a balanced portfolio across all major sales regions.
Commenting on the July performance Andy Goss, Jaguar Land Rover Group Sales Operations Director said: “Seven months into the year and the sales momentum is continuing to grow for our award-winning product portfolio. July has been a very positive month for the Range Rover Sport and calendar year to date, F-TYPE and Range Rover continue to impress. We are committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations by delivering the highest standards of quality and technology and by producing exceptional premium vehicles.”
Jaguar sales rose 13% year-on-year, retailing 49,656 vehicles in the calendar year to date and 6,069 in the month of July alone.
Land Rover strengthened its position as a world-leading manufacturer of all-terrain SUVs, with calendar year to date sales reaching 224,949 vehicles, up 14% year-on- year. In July, Land Rover sold 28,164 vehicles, up 11% with strong performances across the range.
Notes to editors:
Jaguar Land Rover:
- Jaguar Land Rover has ambitious plans for sustainable growth and profitability.
- In 2013, Jaguar Land Rover sold 425,006 vehicles, up 19%. Of that, Jaguar sold 76,668 vehicles and Land Rover sold 348,338 vehicles.
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest circa £3.5bn in its products and facilities in the financial year to March 2015.
- Jaguar Land Rover is one of the UK's largest exporters and generates in the region of 85% of its revenue from exports.