Jaguar Land Rover reports a solid sales performance in MayJune 11, 2014
- Jaguar Land Rover delivers strong May sales performance retailing 38,831 vehicles, up 20%
- Jaguar sells 6,450 vehicles in May, up 4%
- Land Rover sells 32,381 vehicles in May, up 23%
- Calendar year to date Jaguar Land Rover sells 200,778 vehicles, up 14%
Jaguar Land Rover, the UK's leading manufacturer of premium luxury vehicles delivered a strong sales performance in May, retailing 38,831 vehicles in the month, up 20% versus the same period last year.Calendar year to date, Jaguar Land Rover has sold 200,778 vehicles, up 14%.
Jaguar Land Rover's regional performance in May was as follows: the China Region up 53%, North America up 19%, the UK up 15%, Asia Pacific up 11%, and Europe up 8%. Sales in overseas markets were in line with prior year. The same trend is reflected in the first five months of the year with sales up 46% in the China Region, 15% in North America, 15% in Asia Pacific, 4% in Europe and 3% in the UK.
Commenting on the May performance Andy Goss, Jaguar Land Rover Group Sales Operations Director said: "This has been another solid month for Jaguar Land Rover with continued strong demand for models across the range in our international markets. The continued success of FType convertible, coupled with the launch of Coupe, has supported Jaguar sales momentum. For Land Rover, the Range Rover Sport and Evoque continue to deliver impressive sales performance."
In May, Jaguar sold 6,450 vehicles up 4%. Jaguar’s regional performance was as follows: the China Region up 37%, the UK up 7% and Asia Pacific up 3%. Sales in Europe and North America were lower year on year.
Calendar year to date, Jaguar sold 35,992 vehicles, up 16% with regional performances as follows: the China Region up 49%, North America up 16%, the UK up 10% and Asia Pacific up 7%. Europe sales were lower year on year and other overseas markets were up 7%.
In May, Land Rover sold 32,381 vehicles, up 23% with strong performances across the range. Land Rover’s regional performance was as follows: the China Region up 57%, North America up 29%, the UK up 17%, Asia Pacific up 14% and Europe up 13%. Other overseas markets were flat.
Calendar year to date, Land Rover sold 164,786 vehicles up 13%. Regional performances were as follows: the China Region up 45%, Asia Pacific up 17%, North America up 15%, Europe up 6% and the UK up 1%.
Notes to editors:
Jaguar Land Rover:
- Jaguar Land Rover has been named Responsible Business of the Year by Business in the Community (BITC).
- Jaguar Land Rover has ambitious plans for sustainable growth and profitability.
- In 2013, Jaguar Land Rover sold 425,006 vehicles, up 19%. Of that, Jaguar sold 76,668 vehicles and Land Rover sold 348,338 vehicles.
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest circa £2.75bn in its products and facilities in the financial year to March 2014.
- Jaguar Land Rover is one of the UK's largest exporters and generates in the region of 85% of its revenue from exports.