FY 2017-18 began on a productive and profitable note for Tata Motors. It witnessed the launch of several commercial and passenger vehicles, revelation of innovative technologies, valuable additions to our family, significant agreements and much more.
Let's take a look at the highlights of the First Quarter!
- We successfully delivered 117 next-generation Urban city buses to SOTRA – Abidjan Transport Company of Ivory Coast.
- We launched the AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) technology that will be featured in all our BS4 compliant Starbus and Ultra buses.
- We signed an agreement with Warburg Pincus, agreeing to divest up to 30% of its stake in Tata Technologies Limited (TTL).
- During this period, Tata Motors announced that the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) and SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) technology is ready for use in BSIV compliant engines that are powering our range of commercial vehicles.
- Endeavouring to build the nation's capabilities and strengthening our 59 year association with the Indian Army, this quarter also provided us with the opportunity to supply 3,192 Tata Safari Storme 4×4 SUVs to the Armed Forces.
- Not to mention, the successful delivery of 30 new buses to the BMTC (Bengaluru Metropolitan Transport Corporation) in June 2017. (This delivery was a part of a larger order of 1385 buses, including the Ultra 6/9 BS IV Midi and LPO 1512/55 BS IV buses.)
- During this time, our family also welcomed Mr. Girish Wagh as Head of the Commercial Vehicles Business Unit, and a member of the Executive Committee and Mr. Thomas Flack as the appointed Chief Purchasing Officer.
- It was during these months that Jaguar Land Rover Limited, our top-of-the-line automobile subsidiary, unveiled its ultra-premium Range Rover Velar crossover SUV; followed by the latest variant of Land Rover- the Discovery luxury SUV.
What to look forward to later in the year
Dependable vehicles to supplement your business
- With more innovative and power-packed products, FY 18 is truly going to be a milestone year for Tata Motors. Let's take a look at some of the upcoming highlights!
- In 2017, we added to our successful Ace range of vehicles with the XL family, including Ace XL, Ace Mega XL, and Ace Zip XL.
- We are all geared up to launch our Starbus Hybrid Buses in Mumbai
- In the commercial segment, we will be launching several heavy, medium, and small commercial vehicles in FY18. They include:
- We plan to roll out a series of products in the Ultra range of our intermediate and light commercial vehicles (ILCV) that year.
- People transport solutions or buses that will be launched by us that year will include Ultra BS4 range on 3.0L, Magna, and Magic Express.
- We also plan to unveil the Xenon Yodha SC and DC pick-up trucks in 2018.
The launch of our very first compact SUV
- September 2017 will witness the launch of our very first compact SUV - the Tata NEXON. This stylishly designed automobile, features multi-drive modes, floating dash-top HD touchscreen, powerful engines, HARMAN Infotainment System with Android Auto and Car Play, grand central console with sliding tambour door mechanism, and much more.
Vehicles to watch out for by Jaguar Land Rover
- Those waiting for JLR's XF Sportbrake and E-Pace compact SUV will be delighted to know that we will be launching these two ultra-premium vehicles in the summer and winter of 2017 respectively.
Also, keep your fingers crossed for our very first battery-electric SUV, the I-PACE, which will be unveiled in 2018.
We are excited! Are you?