Tata Motor Logo

Tata Motors June domestic sales at 43,244 nos. Press kit

Download press kit

1 July, 2009

Tata Motors’ total sales (including exports) of Tata commercial and passenger vehicles were 45,399 vehicles, a decline of 4% over 47,245 vehicles sold in June last year. The company’s domestic sales of Tata commercial and passenger vehicles for the month of June 2009 were 43,244 nos., a 1% decline over 43,814 nos. sold in June last year.

Cumulative sales (including exports) for the company for the quarter at 123,113 nos., declined by 7%, compared to 131,733 nos. sold last year.

Commercial Vehicles

The company’s sales of commercial vehicles in June 2009 in the domestic market were 26,205 nos., a 2% decline compared to 26,797 vehicles sold in June last year. LCV sales were 16,256 nos., a growth of 17% over June 2008, while M&HCV sales stood at 9,949 nos., a decline of 23% over June 2008 but an increase of 15% over May 2009.

Cumulative sales of commercial vehicles in the domestic market for the first quarter of the fiscal were 72,056 nos., a growth of 1% over last year. Cumulative M&HCV sales stood at 26,626 nos., a decline of 26% over last year, while LCV sales for the quarter were 45,430 nos., a growth of 27% over last year.

Passenger Vehicles

The passenger vehicle business reported a total sale and distribution offtake of 19,513 nos. (17,039 Tata + 2,474 Fiat) in the domestic market in June 2009, an 11% increase compared to 17,567 nos. (17,017 Tata + 550 Fiat) in June 2008, and an increase of 17.8% over 16,563 nos. (15,388 Tata + 1,175 Fiat) of May 2009. The Indica range grew for the fifth consecutive month at sales of 10,210 nos. — a growth of 19% over June 2008. The Indigo family recorded sales of 3,522 nos., a 26% decline over June 2008, but a growth of 24.4% over 2,832 nos. of May 2009. The Sumo/Safari range accounted for sales of 3,307 nos., a decline of 11% compared to June 2008, but a growth of 29.7% over 2,550 nos. of May 2009.

The company launched the Jaguar and Land Rover range in the last week of June in Mumbai.

Cumulative sales and distribution offtake of passenger vehicles in the domestic market for the quarter were 50,691 nos. (45,837 Tata + 4,854 Fiat), against 52,495 nos. (51,094 Tata + 1,401 Fiat) in the same period last year. Cumulative sales of the Indica range at 28,849 nos., reported a growth of 12%. Cumulative sales of the Indigo family were 8,923 nos., a 32% decline over the same period last year. Cumulative sales of the Sumo/Safari range were 8,065 nos., a decline of 35%.

Exports

The company’s sales from exports at 2,155 vehicles in June 2009 declined by 37% compared to 3,431 vehicles in June 2008. The cumulative sales from exports for the fiscal at 5,220 nos. declined by 43% over 9,159 nos. in the same period last year.

Distributorship Enquiry Form

Captcha
Refresh Icon

List Your Country Enquiry Form

Captcha
Refresh Icon
Happy to connect

Happy to connect

Tata Motors Customer Care
  • Dealer LocatorDealer
    Locator
  • EMI CalculatorEMI
    Calculator

    EMI Calculator

    %
    EMI (per month) Rupee Symbol 0

    The information provided by the calculator is for illustrative purposes only. Actual EMI may vary as per exact loan offering. Please contact your nearest Tata Motors dealer for further details. EMI calculation reflects amounts in Indian Rupees rounded to the nearest whole number.

    EMI calculations are based on zero advance EMI scheme alone.

  • Contact UsContact
    Us