Tata Motor Logo

Total vehicle sales up by 3% at 49,647 nos. Press kit

Download press kit

1 October, 2008

Tata Motors reported sales of 49,647 vehicles (including exports) for September 2008, an increase of 3% compared to 48,347 vehicles sold in September last year. Cumulative sales for the company at 2,65,685 nos., grew by 1%.

Commercial Vehicles

The company’s sales of commercial vehicles in September 2008 in the domestic market were 28,648 nos., an increase of 6% compared to 27,036 vehicles sold in September last year. LCV sales were 15,927 nos., a growth of 23% over September 2007. M&HCV sales stood at 12,721 nos., a decline of 10% over September 2007. Cumulative sales of commercial vehicles in the domestic market for the fiscal were 1,45,740 nos., a growth of 10% over 1,32,861 vehicles sold last year. Cumulative LCV sales for the fiscal were 76,944 nos., a growth of 20% over last year, while M&HCV sales at 68,796 nos. were flat compared to last year.

Passenger Vehicles

Total sales of passenger vehicles at 16,586 nos. in the domestic market grew by 6.5% over the previous month of August ’08, but registered a decline of 2.5% over September last year. The Indica family sales at 8,598 nos. grew by 11% compared to the previous month, and were limited by the ramp up of production of the new Indica Vista launched a month earlier. As a result, the range showed a decline of 24% over last September. The Indica Vista is currently on a waiting list of 4-6 weeks and the company is taking all steps to ramp up production speedily. However, it is estimated that demand will continue to run ahead of production for the calendar year. The Indigo family continues to have a good run with sales of 4,667 nos., a 100.5% growth over September 2007. The Sumo and Safari accounted for sales of 3,321 nos., a 1% growth compared to September 2007.

Cumulative sales of passenger vehicles in the domestic market for the fiscal in the first six months were 97,905 nos., a decline of 4.5% over the same period last year. Cumulative sales of the Indica at 49,555 nos., reported a decline of 27.6%, but which is expected to be negated in the second half of the fiscal due to the new volumes of the Indica Vista. Cumulative sales of the Indigo family were 26,666 nos., a growth of 86%. Cumulative sales of Sumo and Safari were 21,684 nos., a growth of 10%.

Exports

Exports at 4,413 vehicles in September 2008 grew by 3% compared to 4,305 vehicles in September 2007. The cumulative sales from exports for the fiscal at 22,040 nos. declined by 20% over 27,602 nos. in the same period last year.

Distributorship Enquiry Form

Captcha
Refresh Icon

List Your Country Enquiry Form

Captcha
Refresh Icon
Happy to connect

Happy to connect

Tata Motors Customer Care
  • Dealer LocatorDealer
    Locator
  • EMI CalculatorEMI
    Calculator

    EMI Calculator

    %
    EMI (per month) Rupee Symbol 0

    The information provided by the calculator is for illustrative purposes only. Actual EMI may vary as per exact loan offering. Please contact your nearest Tata Motors dealer for further details. EMI calculation reflects amounts in Indian Rupees rounded to the nearest whole number.

    EMI calculations are based on zero advance EMI scheme alone.

  • Contact UsContact
    Us