Influencing and improving the quality of lives
Furthering our Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), our corporate social responsibility initiatives in FY 2020-21 touched 7.5 lakh lives in India, of which 41% belong to the SC and ST communities. We have been catering to domains, starting with sustainability initiatives through community engagement, to social upliftment and environmental transformation, addressing healthcare and sanitation issues, strengthening household income, making women self-reliant and more.
- Aarogya Addressing malnutrition, spreading awareness and delivering preventative healthcare – Impacted 3,82,888 lakh lives
- Kaushalya Improving employability through skill development, vocational training, assistance for supplementing income, women empowerment – Skilled 17,661 people
- Amrutdhara Offering water relief measures – Impacted 8,153 lives
- Seva Tata Motors’ family volunteered – 10,232 employees clocked 29,011 hours for social upliftment
- Vidyadhanam Holistic educational initiatives and financial support – Touched lives of 1,16,893 students
- Vasundhara Planted 1,10,101 saplings, and reached out to create awareness in 90,575 people
- Aadhaar Affirmative Action initiatives focussed towards integrated development approach – Touched lives of 3,18,000 people
Besides the ongoing programmes for societal and community betterment, our teams respond to issues on ‘need’ basis across the year as well. In 2020-21, we reached out to impact 1,36,800 lives through our Covid Response initiatives, which involved provision of essentials and food supplies, equipping the ground-zero heroes and educating masses for containment and protection, involving spends of around Rs 3.34 crores.
Tata Motors Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy